Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sidetracked

We all know that women are great at multi-tasking, thereby getting a lot more done in a short amount of time. Well, I stayed home from Church today with a sick baby, and the intention of just doing some reading and maybe a little editing for work. Here is approximately 2 hours of the morning inside Shannon's head.

"Samantha is playing on the floor, I'll sit and do some editing and get that job finished up. Wait, I better put something in the crockpot for dinner. I'll just throw in a roast. Oh, I was going to fix Jami's potato soup for dinner. Oh well, roast is already in. Wait, I can fix the soup for lunch! But I was going to make homemade bread to go with the soup. I guess I can make bread now. I'll just make a half-batch. Wait, if I make a full batch, I can give a couple loaves away. I owe Julie one, since she brought us one. I'll make a full batch. Wait, I'll have to re-fill my canisters. I'll have to pull the buckets out of the pantry. Well, as long as I have the buckets out, I might as well pull the other things out and sweep the pantry real quick. It needs it badly. Well, as long as I have it swept, I might as well grab a rag and wipe down the baseboards and the floor. Well, as long as I'm wiping down the baseboards and the floor, I might as well clean the walls around the recycle bin. How did they get so dirty? Oh, I know, I have kids."

So, two hours later, (and mind you, I'm still making bread throughout this whole process) I have 5 loaves of bread rising on the stove, my pantry floor is nice and clean, and the stuff put back, and the mixer is already cleaned and put back, AND I've put Samantha down for a nap and showered! And men wonder what we do all day....

2 comments:

Stacee said...

You go, girl! (I'd better get off the computer and get a few things done!)

daisy lynn said...

wow- i totally do the same thing! share that potato soup recipe!