Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wild, WILD West

The boys got to spend 4 days, (not nights, dang it) at Cub Scout Camp in June. I went with them the first day. Their very first activity was a shootout at the OK Corral. Here is their whole group for the week. Some of the boys are in our pack and some were from another pack. They were all the same age, though.
They're getting their instructions. Don't they look excited?



Soaking wet and ready for anything.

Decorating flags for the walking stick.

Hitting the water slide.






(Joe in the hat)
Making their Indian-excuse me-Native American vests, with some help from Dorian Cook. He's a red shirt, helping out.

(Josh)

The boys had a great week, with archery, BB shooting, making rubber band shooters, (wonder who came up with that one?), and lots more fun stuff. This was their last year to go as cubs. Next year, they will go as red shirts and help out like Dorian.
My how they've grown!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, you're blogging like crazy lately! I love all the updates on your cute family.

Raven said...

My kids have a blow up water slide like that one & last year, I was thinking, "Man where were these slides when I was a kid?" Looks like you guys have had a great Summer!