Friday, August 20, 2010

WOW!

My first harvest!




I can't believe it's been 2 months since I last posted! I feel like a failure as a mom! Not really, just awfully busy. Then you think, "I need to update the blog, but there's so much to update, it would take forever, so I'll do it later." Then it just keeps adding up! Well, a little at a time, then. First of all, for Mother's Day I got just what I wanted. A garden! Some friends of ours do the square foot gardening, and one couple gave us a frame that they had made but weren't going to use. So I spent Mother's Day afternoon filling it up and planting my stuff! I was so excited to see my abundant harvest. Fast forward a couple of months. My corn never got over 2 feet tall and never produced, my squash all dried up and blew away, my tomatoes didn't grow, my peppers produced, although I think I must have mistakenly bought the miniature variety, because each one was only about a mouthful. My okra plants went nuts and I got to try my hand at home grown fried okra. Not too bad. I did get a few cucumbers and a couple of banana peppers. All in all, not too bad for my first attempt. And much to Tony's chagrin, I will keep trying!

No comments: